Cloud computing has empowered businesses in countless ways. Enterprises can now turn up new IT services in near real time with a few mouse clicks. They can scale resources up or down easily as needed. Workloads run dynamically where most economical, maximizing resource efficiency and controlling costs.
Along with storage, compute, networking, and server virtualization, HCI might also integrate backup software, snapshot capabilities, data deduplication, compression, WAN optimization, and other functions.
Deriving the “hyper” out of “hyperconvergence” means a few things:
- Taking advantage of integrating and virtualizing more and more data center
- functions as they become available
- Capitalizing on the ability to customize your configurations and automate policy setting
- and enforcement
- Investing in and scaling resources at the pace required by your organization
- Learn more about HCI being critical to organizations embarking on digital transformation projects.